A trip to the beach and the water is supposed to be a fun and safe experience! This is possible if you follow the national Danish rules and regulations and only enter the water when conditions allow it.
The 7 Swimming Advice
1. Chech where the nearest rescue post is and read the instructions before you begin your day on the beach or go swimming.
2. Make a note of the number of the path you took through the dunes to get to the beach.
3. Never go swimming in bad weather, and never go swimming alone, or under the influence of drugs or alcohol.
4. Even when the weather is nice, the undercurrents can be dangerous; therefore you should never go swimming with beach toys, air matresses, dinghies, and the like; the currents can bring them far out to sea.
5. Because of the undercurrents, your kids should be attached to a safetyline when swimming.
6. Never go in deeper than your waistline and always swim parallel to the coast.
7. Keep your mobile phone within reach on the beach just in case that you can call 112 emergency if needed.