Newer church with the only votive ship in Denmark. Hvide Sande is "new" town and the same for the church. In 1954 the construction of the church started after many years of hard work collecting money from the citizens of the town. The church is made of yellow bricks in late romanesque style and is probably the last one built in Denmark in this style. The carpet in front of the altar was embroided in 1981 by 27 women from the town. The church bell is donated by the Danish shipowner A.P. Møller. In 2004 the church had a votive ship built by Christian Bollerup. Votive ship is the name of a copy of a sunken ship build by a surviving sailor and donated to the church in gratitude for being alive.