Lunde Church

Photo: ProVarde
Attractions
Monasteries
Address

Gl. Lundevej 3

6830 Nørre Nebel

Contact

Email:SLS@km.dk

Phone:75282071

Lunde Church was consecrated to St. Stephen ca 1350. The nave and chancel are Romanesque. The vestry and tower are Gothic, ca 15th century . The chuch was restored at the time of bishop H. A. Brorson, whose initials can be seen on the tower. The winged altarpiece is from ca. 1500. The main figures are Mary with the Infant Jesus, God as the Father who carries his crucified Son and St. Stephen with martyr palms and the stones which caused his death. In the nave are the pews reserved for the gentry from Frøstrup Manor, as well as wooden figures of Mary, St. Stephen and St. John.
Address

Gl. Lundevej 3

6830 Nørre Nebel

Last updated by
Destination Vesterhavet, VisitWestDenmark